Suggestions to improve your grade:
- Please log in to powerschool regularly – check your grades, attendance, and tardies.
- Check Canvas regularly for upcoming assignments.
- Talk to or email your teacher if you are struggling – their email links are available in powerschool. Your teacher is your best, first contact if you are behind or struggling to understand concepts. Some teachers offer after school help or can explain where to focus your energy to raise your grade.
- Plan review/ homework time each night. Even if nothing is assigned.
- Calendar in Canvas (classroom management system) can be used to track assignments, what you did in class, etc.
- Visit the Student Support Center for help. It’s tutoring, a quiet work place during work time, and more available to students throughout the day during your non-instructional time (your quiet work time in classes or during success time). Math & Science in D202, Social Studies and English in C 105. Electives in either.
- After school math tutoring is available Tuesdays and Thursdays in room B202 for Algebra I & Tuesdays and Thursdays in room D204 for Algebra I/Algebra II/ Geometry/ and other math classes.
- 1-877-ASK-ROSE (1-877-275-7673) It’s a free math and science tutoring service for Indiana students in grades 6-12. Available 7-10pm Sunday – Thursday. You can Chat, Call, Email askrose.org
Transcript for Dual credit through Ivy Tech
- If this is your first time using the online order system, please click Create Account and enter the required information. Once your account is created you will be able to request transcripts online and track the status of your orders.
- You will then choose to order a Transcript (either PDF or Print)
- You will then either search for a school by using the search box, or click on the “Send to yourself, another individual, or third party” link.
- If you search for a school, matching results will be displayed. You select the correct institution with the Select button.
- If the school is a Parchment receiving institution, it’s likely that the institution has specified that they wish to have the transcript sent electronically. “Electronic” will be pre-selected as the delivery mode. You may switch to a mailed transcript by clicking on the “Switch to Mail Delivery” link under the
document name. A pop-up will display notifying you that the institution prefers an electronic transcript; you may then accept the popup and send an electronic transcript, or continue to send a mailed transcript. There is a required “Purpose for Request” field that you must choose an option (“I prefer not to answer” is one of the options). There is a Parchment report that details what you have listed as the purpose for the request. You may also attach any additional documents here. NOTE: If you select a mailed transcript, there is not an option to add attachments. Attachments are only allowed with electronic delivery of transcripts.
- You are presented with the shopping cart of orders. You may remove an order, continue ordering more transcripts, or check out at this point.
- You will need to provide consent if you did not log in via MyIvy. Once you has submitted a signed consent (if ordering via www.ivytech.edu and not through MyIvy) that consent will be on file and you will not need to re-sign a consent form.
- You will then enter a payment method (the “External Payment” button and options will not display for you, just the credit card information). The billing address will display as the address entered by you when creating the account; you can change the billing address on this screen.
- You will have one last chance to review the order, view the charges, and then click Confirm.
- Your order is now complete.
Want parent observer access to Canvas? Resources here
For parents that request observer access or link this to your Canvas. These resources are compiled by Mrs L. Scott (instructional technology coach). Gathered from Canvas, John Sedwick, or other families who are actively using Canvas.
As always, if they have any questions, you may send them my way!
Canvas Community Forum: Parent Observer
Canvas Youtube: Parent Observer
Corporation Parent Access Tutorial
Follow @CanvasLMS on Twitter and/or Facebook for lots of live streams (also recorded), like these:.
The Timbs Family and Canvas: https://youtu.be/
Parent Pointers: https://www.youtube.
Parent Points Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/