Each graduate will have 7 tickets each. The tickets will be distributed at the commencement rehearsal. If you need extra tickets please see Mrs. Crenshaw. There will be limited extra tickets available. If you do not need all of your tickets, please return the ones you don't need. Please also inform Mrs. Crenshaw if one of your guests needs handicap seating.
Please make it clear to friends and family that senior announcements and Open House invitations are NOT graduation tickets. Guests MUST have a ticket to attend the commencement ceremony.
The Commencement Rehearsal will take place on Friday, June 9, 2023. There will be two separate practices:
- The rehearsal for last names A-K begins at 11:00 am
- Seniors must arrive no later than 10:45 am
- The second rehearsal for last name L-Z will begin at 2:00 pm
- Seniors must arrive no later than 1:45 pm.
You will meet on the football field.
You DO NOT have to bring your cap / gown
The Commencement Ceremony will take place on Saturday, June 10, 2023. There will be two separate commencements:
- The ceremony for last names A-K begins at 11:00 am
- Graduates must be in the aux gym by 10:00 am. The gates will also open for guests at this same time.
- There ceremony for last names L-Z will begin at 3:00 pm.
- Graduates must be in the aux gym by 2:00 pm. The gates will open for guests at this same time.
The commencement ceremonies are formal. We ask that parents/spectators refrain from shouting. After each row is announced, there will be a pause for shouting and applause.
The attire is semi-formal. It is highly recommended to wear FLAT shoes. All graduates must have a cap and gown. If you have not purchased one yet, you still can at: www.herffjones.com.
No jeans, shorts, athletic shoes, mini skirts, mini dresses, or flip flops.
If you are in appropriately dressed, you WILL NOT participate in graduation.
Wearing of Tassels
During the ceremony the tassel should be worn on the right side of the cap.
After everyone has been announced an all the diplomas have been handed out, graduates will be instructed to move the tassel to the left side of the cap.
In the event of inclement weather on June 10, 2023, the commencement ceremonies will be moved to June 11, 2023. If that does happen, everything will be the same, except the day. Any changes due to weather will be communicated to everyone through social media.
Graduates will park at D26 (38th Street) and there will be a shuttle to take the students to AHS. The AHS parking lot will open for the commencement guests to use.
- Masks for everyone will be optional, they are not required.
- Flowers will be available for purchase for the graduating seniors.
- AHS will be providing a live stream of both ceremonies.
- The link will be sent out to all graduating students and their parents.
- The link will also be posted on social media.